A very famous cocktail of Cuban origin that was created by an American engineer working in an iron mine, called Daiquiri, east of Cuba. A cocktail that has become Ernest Hemingway’s favorite drink.
- 1,5 ounces light rum
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of cane sugar
- Pour the lemon juice, the sugar syrup on 4 or 5 large cubes of ice in a shaker.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves. Then add rum and ice. Vigorously stir up during 20 seconds.
- Pour into the chilled martini glass with a colander to filter the ice cubes. Decorate with a slice of lime and a mint leaf.