Mai Tai or “good” in Tahitian
With this cocktail, it’s South Pacific sunshine in a glass! Full, yet balanced, fresh and crisp .
- 1 oz amber rum
- 1 oz white rum
- 1/2 oz orang curaçao
- 1/4 oz orgeat almond syrup
- 3/4 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/4 oz rock candy syrup (2 parts sugar, 1 part water)
- Pour the rums, Orang curaçao, orgeat almond syrup and fresh lime juice into a shaker half filled with ice.
- Strike energetically then pour into a glass with a cocktail strainer to filter ice cubes.
- Add the amber rum on top of the glass. Pour all the ingredients in a shaker filled with ice cubes. Strike them for a few seconds and pour in a tulip glass.
Garnish with the juiced lime half and a mint sprig.